Photo Courtesy of Laurel Housden
Hear ye, hear ye, lords and ladies, nobles and peasants alike! Our dear medieval village Hoggetowne is in need of your service. The City of Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department is now recruiting volunteers for the Faire, and through the fruitful and productive labors of those generous enough to contribute, Hoggetowne will remain a realm of joyful merriment and wondrous wares. Each year, hundreds of volunteers help put on what has become one of North Central Florida’s most highly anticipated events. The success of the Faire depends heavily on the commitment of dedicated volunteers, and we need your help to make the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire as spectacular as ever!
What Will I Do As A Faire Volunteer?
Your time and energy as a volunteer will help transform the 36th Annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire from a simple field into the most successful medieval village Gainesville has ever seen. Volunteers can work one or more 4-hour shifts at Hoggetowne, helping patrons in a multitude of ways.
But let it not be said that such generous volunteering is without reward!
- One-shift volunteers will receive one complimentary ticket for another day at the Faire and the opportunity to purchase a commemorative short-sleeved T-shirt at the discounted rate of $10.00.
- Two-shift volunteers will receive a complimentary ticket and one free short-sleeved T-shirt.
- Three-shift volunteers will receive two complimentary tickets and one free T-shirt.
- Four-shift volunteers will receive two complimentary tickets, one free T-shirt, and one free car magnet.
- Five-shift volunteers will receive three complimentary tickets, one free T-shirt, and one free car magnet.
- Volunteers who go above and beyond, volunteering for six or seven days of the Faire across all three weekends, will receive four complimentary tickets, one free T-shirt, and one free car magnet.
- Greeter: Distribute programs and greet guests as they come to enjoy the magic of the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire.
- Ticket Taker/Scanner: Take/scan tickets at the entrance gate.
- Booth Sitter: Individually greet artisans and relieve them for breaks by booth sitting.
- Survey Taker: Engage visitors with a brief two-minute survey.
- Kids Kingdom: Lend a hand at the Kids Kingdom where young lords and ladies of the realm can create crafts and engage in activities with their families.
- Guest Relations: Aid staff at guest relations by handing out programs, answering questions, and facilitating the King's Quest game.
- Although we will do our best to honor positions preferences, volunteers may be assigned to any position depending on need.
Organizations that wish to volunteer simultaneously as a group can fill out our group volunteer form at this link.
Youth are also welcome to volunteer. Those aged 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their volunteer shift.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities:
If you are interested in volunteering to help with site set up or event internships, please contact us at email@example.com